Thursday, October 21, 2010

On People Saying the Darndest Things

OhdearGod. Really? I mean...really?
Pamela Lambert, a 46-year-old practicing Catholic from Dartmouth, Mass., said she makes a pilgrimage to Stathopoulos’ [witchcraft] shop every October.

“I’m a Christian, but I still have that spiritual side, too,” Lambert said. “I believe in God, but I also believe in spirits. I’m fascinated by the whole season of witches, the October season. ... People always look for answers.”

Salem’s witches tout their lifestyle as a peaceful one that honors humanity, animals and Earth alike. Lori Bruno, a local witch in her 70s, says witchcraft is the only religion whose practitioners never killed in the name of God.

“We hope more people will embrace the craft,” Bruno said, “because it is for peace. It’s not a religion that espouses war. We want mankind to shine—like they were meant to. If you sat down with Jesus Christ, I’m sure he would say the same thing."

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...