Friday, October 15, 2010

On Biblical Catholicism

aka the mission of Dr. Scott Hahn and the St. Paul Center for Biblical Theology:
...My focus now is what it has been for decades: to promote biblical literacy for all Catholics and biblical fluency for clergy and teachers. That sounds absurdly ambitious, I know, but it’s true. That’s not only the purpose of my books, but also the mission of the St. Paul Center for Biblical Theology, which I founded. The Center sponsors a wide variety of programs, many for ordinary Catholics, but many others for scholars. We publish free online Bible studies. We organize conferences. We train catechists in the best methods of leading a Bible study. We have our own publications—books, a journal, a newsletter. We lead pilgrimages to Rome and the Holy Land. We host one of the best online libraries for biblical studies (SalvationHistory.com). After almost twenty years of writing and ten years of running the Center, I’ve been encouraged by the successes, but there’s still so much work to do. But God will get it done. So even though it’s my work, it need not be my worry...

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...