Thursday, October 18, 2012

I Can't Vote For Romney

Welp, he just lost my vote.  Excerpts:
...Romney: “I’d just note that I don’t believe that bureaucrats in Washington should tell someone whether they can use contraceptives or not. And I don’t believe employers should tell someone whether they could have contraceptive care or not. Every woman in America should have access to contraceptives.”

This is basically conceding the farm on the Mandate. It’s a line straight from the Obama playbook. According to the Administration, employers who don’t want to be forced to buy contraceptives are “telling women they cannot have contraception”. Romney is signaling he opposes employers who make that argument just as much as Obama does.

Complete and utter betrayal...
Again, I think the man would be great on turning the economy around, but on the life issues, he's just not there.

Also, he has this eery habit of saying whatever he thinks necessary in order to win an election, a habit which would seem to be a betrayal of his Mormonism.
I can't vote for him. I wish I could, but I can't.

3 comments:

Chestertonfan said...

A lot of people say that a vote for Romney is a vote against Obama. Actually, it's a vote for 8 years before we get another chance to pick a pro life president. If Romney wins, we are stuck with him as the Republican candidate next cycle too. If he looses, we get another chance in four years. Yeah, he lost my vote too. I am wondering though, who do I vote for now?

Anonymous said...

But at least Romney is a step in the right direction. I personally believe that it would be a catastrophe if we were stuck with Obama for another 4 years. Wouldn't you vote for Romney to prevent Obama from taking office? And isn't Paul Ryan a whole lot better than JOE BIDEN?

David D said...

"Yes you can" "No I can't" "Yes you caaaaaaaaaaaaaaaan!" Buh-dah-bump!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...