Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Abortion is Wrong Because Apples Is Apples!

So saith Peter Kreeft in this piece.  Excerpts:
...I will try to prove the simple, common-sensical reasonableness of the pro-life case by a sort of Socratic logic. My conclusion is that Roe v. Wade must be overturned, and my fundamental reason for this is not only because of what abortion is but because we all know what abortion is.

This is obviously a controversial conclusion, and initially unacceptable to all pro-choicers. So, my starting point must be noncontroversial. It is this: We know what an apple is. I will try to persuade you that if we know what an apple is, Roe v. Wade must be overthrown, and that if you want to defend Roe, you will probably want to deny that we know what an apple is...

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...