Thursday, February 21, 2013

Jesus Loves to Help Us

According to Saints Padre Pio and Faustina. Excerpts:
I've always been amazed at how Jesus tells St. Faustina (and other mystics) that by our actions, such as trust or lack of trust, we either comfort him or make him sad.  Think of it: we can actually comfort Jesus and give him joy when we trust in him!  Here's another example from the Diary of St. Faustina: "You will give Me pleasure if you hand over to Me all your troubles and griefs.  I shall heap upon you the treasures of My grace."

Years ago, after reading several passages like this one, I decided to strive to console Jesus by giving him my trust.  Therefore, I frequently pray the prayer, "Jesus, I trust in you," whenever worries oppress me.  Or sometimes I pray a prayer composed by a priest whom St. Padre Pio called a saint, Fr. Dolindo Ruotolo, who claimed that Jesus himself taught it to him.  Here's the prayer:  "O Jesus, I surrender this to you.  You take care of it."

According to Fr. Dolindo, Jesus promised that he would take special, even miraculous care of any worries, difficulties, or problems surrendered to him with the words of this prayer.  (The idea behind this promise actually goes back to the words from the Sermon on the Mount cited earlier.)  Anyway, I've prayed this prayer many times, and it's never failed me.  Of course, things haven't always turned out as I've expected, but I've often noticed that Jesus took care of the situations in a much more beautiful way than I could have imagined.--Fr. Michael Gaitley, MIC, The One Thing Is Three: How the Most Holy Trinity Explains Everything, (Stockbridge, MA: Marian Press, 2013), pg. 275-276.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...