Tuesday, January 11, 2011

How I Dare Keep This Blog

It is too true that I who write about the devout life am not myself devout, but most certainly I am not without the wish to become so, and it is this wish which encourages me to teach you. A notable literary man has said that a good way to learn is to study, a better to listen, and the best to teach. And Saint Augustine, writing to the devout Flora, says, that giving is a claim to receive, and teaching a way to learn. -St. Francis de Sales
(h/t Why I'm Catholic)

And I'm certainly learning a ton--and getting to share some of the coolest stuff in the world!  My favorite superheros (the saints), true words of wisdom, insights into beauty, and love, and goodness, and being--all of this from the human heritage.  Why do I post so much by other people?  I aim for truth, not originality.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...