Wednesday, September 25, 2013

Mother, Daughter, Housewife, Spy: A Hero of Israel

Utterly awesome. Excerpts:
Reading of each fresh atrocity in Syria conjures unique memories and emotions for Judy Feld Carr, a Toronto woman who worked for 28 years as a hidden spy master, a civilian orchestrating the escape of 3,228 Jews from the anti-Semitic regime that had locked the unwanted minority inside its borders.

...“Hearing of the hell that is going on in Syria today substantiates everything that I had done for 28 years because I so closely watched the hell that was going on there before,” she said this week from her Toronto home.

“I had to live a double life. I was a mommy and a wife and a daughter… and then had to sneak away and do all of my secret stuff.”...
She actually read John le CarrĂ© to learn spycraft.  God bless her, and may there be 10,000 more like her.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...