Sunday, February 17, 2013

Note to Self: Don't Read Gary Wills

Oh.  My.  Goodness.  Stephen Colbert, defender of the faith!
Gary Wills is a Protestant, claiming to be Catholic. I'm not quite sure I understand how this man pulls this off. See here for a sampler of St. Augustine explaining and defending the Real Presence of Jesus in the Eucharist.  Why don't I want to read him?  He's lying to himself, let alone to his readers, if he truly believes he can profess what he just professed in that video and still even want to be a Catholic.  Catholicism holds these truths to be, you know, true.  He's repudiated that faith in the course of the interview, let alone in whatever he's written.  Why would I listen to a man in such confusion?

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...