Saturday, January 28, 2012

The Reality of Fallen Human Nature

Get ready for Lent! Excerpts:
...As I mentioned earlier, in my youth as I reviled those in opposition to the truth, my Father would give gratitude for the mercy of God. I have learned many things as I have aged, chief among them is that there is nary a sin conceived in the mind of the devil of which I would not be capable were it not for the mercy of a good God. I need that mercy.

So I understand my father now, when he prayed to be forgiven as he forgave, he knew what that meant. He, like me, was a sinner in need of a mercy he could not merit.

So what have I learned in all these years? I have learned what the dumbest phrase in the English language is…

“I would never do that.”

Mercy.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...